- This event has passed.
New York/New Belfast Connect 2016
June 2, 2016 - June 3, 2016$50 - $250
On 2 and 3 June, 2016 the seventh annual New York-New Belfast conference will take place at the prestigious Fordham University – Lincoln Center. The conference will spotlight the bridges of progress and prosperity being built between the citizens of the two great cities of New York and Belfast, looking optimistically to the future while celebrating our shared past. Belfast’s delegation of community, cultural and business leaders will meet with their New York counterparts to discuss investment, embedding the peace, tourism, the arts and how they can work together to the mutual benefit of their communities.
Front and center in our discussions will be the digital rise of Belfast. This year, we will place a special focus on matchmaking between our partners, allowing Irish American organizations, businesses and institutions to showcase their offering to our Belfast delegation.
Highlights of the program will include: a visit to the World Trade Center hosted by Dara McQuillan of Silverstein Properties Inc.Join us for our 2-day program of informative and inspiring discussions, the presentation of The Irish Echo’s Irish American of the Year Award to Congressman Peter King, the ninth annual US-Ireland Top 50 Companies luncheon, and our farewell finale.
Highlights of New York-New Belfast 2016
- Fact-finding visit to Hotbread Kitchen, East Harlem, with Rob Walsh, distinguished lecturer at Baruch College – the City University of New York.
- Belfast Shebeen (Curated by Susan McKeown)
- Conference Club: Smith & Wollensky, 797 3rd Avenue, New York, NYC 10022
- RICS Investing in Belfast Real Estate Breakfast.
- Dragons’ Den/Shark Tank. In conjunction with New York Digital Irish and Irish Digital Angels.
- Focus on Female Entrepreneurs: Speakers include Loretta McCarthy, founder Goldenseeds angel network LLC and Jayne Brady, Partner Kernel Capital Belfast.
- Transforming communities through sport: The Friendship Four Ice Hockey tournament with Robert Fitzpatrick, CEO Odyssey Arena, Belfast, and John Lahey, President Quinnipiac University.
- Peace: The Next Chapter. With Harry Connolly, CEO Fáilte Feirste Thiar (West Belfast tourism agency)
Honorary Chairs of the conference: Andrea Haughian, VP Business Development, Invest NI, New York. Bill Cox, Cox Law Firm LLC & Cox. Christine C. Quinn, President & CEO Win. Council Member Daniel Dromm, Chair Education Committee, New York City Council. Erin Doyle, Producer Saturday Night Live. Francis Schott, Restaurateur. Geraldine Hughes, Actor/Writer/Producer. Jim Clerkin, President and CEO Moët Hennessey USA. John Connorton, Partner, Hawkins Delafield & Wood LLP. John J. Reilly, Partner Squire Patton Boggs. Prof. Joyce Sullivan, Founder and CEO of SocMediaFin, Inc. Larry Kirwan, Songwriter and Playwright. Leo McGuire, LPM Strategies LLC. Liam Lynch, Entrepreneur. Lorraine Turner, Head NI Bureau, New York. Margaret Molloy, Global CMO siegal+gale. Marcus Robinson, Artist. Margaret Molloy, Global CMO, siegel+gale. Mike Cusick, New York State Assembly. Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick, New York State Assembly. Rob Walsh, Distinguished Lecturer, Baruch College, The City University NY. Shaun Kelly, Global Chief Operating Officer – KPMG International. Sean McNeill, President, Irish Business Organization of New York, Steve Lenox, President Irish Network USA. Suzanne Aquino, Global Category Head- Professional Services, Chain IQ. Terry George, Director and Screenwriter. Tom Dunne, VP for Administration, Fordham University.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 New York Irish Arts