How It’s Irish: The Irish are great for the dreams, and great for the words, too. Put them together: golden.
Mike Farragher encourages us all to WRITE, self-publish and stop making excuses
So, is writing that book you always wanted to write on your list of New Year’s resolutions? I say, go for it! My book tour made 2011 the best year of my life!
“Y’know, there’s a difference between me and you. I wanted it worse than you did. The best place to start a writing career is to shut up and start writing. There’s no magic here.”
The creative process doesn’t just include writing the book, which is another common myth. You have to be a Mick Jagger type of artist: make a product that rocks, make a spectacle out of yourself as you promote it, and always have an eye on the bottom line. All at once.
- Be prepared for lonely nights at a monitor, getting more frustrated each time the cursor blinks.
- Be prepared to laugh and cry at the monitor so much that you fear the day will come when the monitor writes a tell-all book of its own.
- Be prepared to not have a lot to show in the bank account.
- Be prepared to have other riches show up in your life.
- Be prepared to play big or go home.
- Be prepared to shut up and write.