The Theater at the 14th Street Y continues to honor the edgy, diverse, and rich history of innovative culture-making in the East Village with the 2018-2019 Season. The Season kicks-off on September 5, 2018 and runs through May 2019. All productions are chosen through a submission process and are co-presented by the Theater at the 14th Street Y. Hundreds of artists apply every year to join the programming and have artistic discourse over a chosen theme.
Highlights of the season include:
• The World Premiere of Till We Meet Again, written by Glory Kadigan, directed by Tony Award nominee Tonya Pinkins and co-presented by Planet Connections.
• Barry Levey’s Hoaxocaust!,directed by Jeremy Gold Kronenberg, provides an exploration of Jewish identity if the Holocaust hadn’t happened.(NYC Fringe Festival’s 2014 Overall Excellence award winner)
• The World Premiere of Jenn Freeman’s evening-length piece …it’s time… Freemove Dance
• LABA 2nd Stage production The Hearing exerpts actual hearing transcripts to follow the true story of a public teacher in Israel who leads a class discussion about the morality of the army.
• The Baby Monitor, a crucial new play by David Stallings and directed by Antonio Miniño, explores same-sex parenting and cis family values in today’s America.
• Salesman之死 explores the intersection of Chinese, American and Chinese-American identities, from 1983, when Arthur Miller directed Death of a Salesman in Beijing, to the present day.
• An extravagant musical performance from Berlin, TIFERET merges dance and theatrical conventions.
We are a group of writers who love Irish and Celtic arts. Some of us are performers; musicians; actors; some of us are authors; some of us journalists. Check this out for a list of our writers!
We would love to hear from you! Thoughts, suggestions, anything at all! Drop us a line.